Refresh my heart in Christ


Philemon 1:20 (NIV)
"I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ."

As part of a challenge, Paul asked Philemon to glorify God so that Paul's heart may become refreshed. On her eleventh birthday, my daughter lead the devotions at Wednesday nights youth activities. A discussion took place on what was the favorite thing you like to do with your family. My daughters response, "It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we do it together."Later that week a a person thanked my wife for providing a godly example to our children. You see, my daughters response refreshed this persons heart in Christ.

I am not writing this to brag about my daughter or my spouse. I am writing this to note that developing a heritage that is honoring to the Lord exceeds the boundaries of the family. The simple, but yet profound response of a child's heart can, and will, open an adults heart to Christ. Thank God that He works through the simple things in life so our over-complicated thoughts may find clarity.

Refresh my heart in Christ - change your family tree to honor God.

Posted byAnonymous at 1/23/2008  

0 comments:

Post a Comment