A Father's Journey into a New Family Tradition


After reading Voddie Buacham Jr's book, titled "Faith Driven Family," I have decided it was time for my family to start the day together.

I am using "Our 24 Way Family Devotional" as a resource for our devotional time. The book focuses on a method called ARTS (Ask about it, Read about it, Talk about, and Share). The book provides daily devotionals for the family to interact together in discussions concerning biblical character.

Our first morning when surprisingly well; that is waking the kids up two hours earlier than what they are use to. Justin, our youngest son, woke up with much energy; he is typically the one who does not want to get up in the morning. This was encouraging for me.

Our second morning waking together, enjoying a home cooked breakfast, and spend time in devotion to God's word went a little more difficult. I had to drag a few children out of bed and did what I could to keep there attention during the devotional. I though I would have to give Justin a cold shower in his bed to get him up. My oldest son, James, did what he could to wake-up and pay attention. My oldest daughter, Melanie, was her usual chirpy self as she is a morning person.

Our third morning I relented and let everybody sleep-in. This day is usually a late night for everybody with church activities. So we will continue our new tradition tomorrow.

Lord willing, this will turn into a new habit. However, it sure is difficult to change the families sleeping habits.

Posted byAnonymous at 1/09/2008  

0 comments:

Post a Comment