Daddy's Little Girl

It is excitingly profound the ways in which lives move under the sovereignty of God. I had the privilege of taking pictures for my sister-in-laws wedding. It was only a short time ago that she, the youngest of the sisters, was the flower girl at my wedding. An now, here stands daddy's little girl, the youngest of my children, a flower girl for my sister-in-law.

I like to talk about paving the future for our generations to come; yet, I am perplexed at how quickly time passes, at how little time we have to start paving that path. Here, two generations have merged in such a short amount of time.

Steven Curtis Chapman's said it well in his song Cinderella:

"So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She'll be gone."

Posted byAnonymous at 12/01/2008  

0 comments:

Post a Comment